TriAddict: Mr Doctor says, we will…
Several people recommended that doctor to me, so I went there for my appointment. I expected a doctor and Triathlete. I got the most straightforward and blunt advises possible.
So I took my time to swallow on those.
Anyway – one after the other:
- During interview the doctor already expected some kind of burnout.
- During diagnosis he found:
– my upper thigh muscle being inflamed
– tissue already stiff
– lack of stretching of my legs overall
– joints and movement being perfectly fine
- Then came the really blunt part about training, over-training, burn-out,… That part lasted about 45 minutes (the other part only like 15 minutes).
Truth be told: I am aware he is right. Also this kind of… blunt speech proves to me that it was all about health – my health. Well – he came through.
What is happening now?
- I will take my recovery time.
- I have to take a slightly different approach.
- I need to find a way to not push my body too extreme. I still believe that this aspect of pushing is something good overall, but I need to learn where I have to stop in favor of my own health.
There might be some more changes in future, but all in due time. For now: recovery… and enjoying that I don’t feel pain, while sitting still.